Monday, June 15, 2015

Cap Gun Monday: Hubley TEXAN 38


Dang near all Hubley guns are great, but this is one of the best. It's big - 10 1/2 inches long - solid, and heavy, with a brilliant nickel finish, plenty of engraving and a revolving cylinder. And this particular gun has extremely cool grips, in a gray, brown, and cream swirl. It came with removable bullets, which some little bugger removed and failed to replace. Hubley issued a more common "Colt 38" using the same mold. We'll look at that on some future Monday.








.

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

So it takes, Greenie Stick-Um Caps, I presume. Beautiful gun but a lot of work replacing the caps when you're a kid.

Howard said...

OK, I'm not that interested in cap guns anymore now that I am an old fart. However:

http://toyrepair.com/store/shop-2/hubley-6-texan-38-bullets/

has the bullets for your gun!

Evan Lewis said...

Thank you, sir! Those do look like the real thing.

Howard said...

But I LOVE the old pulp covers and that sort of thing, so, I really appreciate your blog. It's a go-to, every day. Many thanks for all the content I do like.