Tuesday, March 23, 2010

A Complete SPICY DETECTIVE Story by Norvell Page


Norvell Page is best known these days as man who wrote most of the classic pulp adventures of The Spider. His Spider prose has a fervor that grabs you by the throat and won't let go until the final page.

Tomorrow we'll take a look at the newest Norvell Page collection from Black Dog Books, a series of very Spideresque stories called City of Corpses. So as sort of a warm-up, just to get you in a Page frame of mind, here's a tale from the April 1937 issue of Spicy Detective. Page often used the monicker N. Wooten Poge when writing for the Spicy line. 

















TOMORROW: CITY OF CORPSES!

6 comments:

David Cranmer said...

This is my kind of reading. Thanks.

pattinase (abbott) said...

So much I never knew existed. Where was I? Reading Archie comic books?

Deka Black said...

greetings from Spain! As a pulp fan and reader, i am very very thankful for things like this.

Find pulps in Spain is, well, very hard. And thanks to fans like you. i am able to enjoy so many moments of reading.!

Oh, and by the way, i am very happy for this story. Norvell Page is one of my favourites.

George said...

Looks like my credit card is going to be smoking again. Thanks for this insightful look at Norvell Page's other works!

B. C. Bell said...

Evan, you are the man! I don't think I've ever seen this one, and I love Page's manic style.

Anonymous said...

sac longchamp discount My son started having trouble when he started nursery. sac longchamp