Saturday, March 22, 2014

Toy Soldier Saturday: LIDO FOREIGN LEGION & ARAB WARRIORS


These Lido guys, averaging about two inches tall, were peculiarly flat (maybe their molds were limited as to depth?), often short-limbed, and sometime awkwardly posed. Like everyone else, Lido did cowboys & Indians, knights, and Civil War soldiers (all coming eventually to this space), but I think they were only American company other than Marx (who did a great Captain Gallant set) to make Foreign Legion and Arab figures, complete with camels.








More Toy Soldiers HERE.

4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

Some nerve, showing the one you swooped from me.

Evan Lewis said...

Which one is he? I should build a shrine for him.

Cap'n Bob said...

The blue Legionnaire. What a great idea, a shrine for brigands, usurpers, and rogues. You could start a cult. I'd join.

Anonymous said...

I have 3 of those men and one camel. Earlier I searched for them and couldn't find anything online. Lido!