Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Wyatt Earp - plus - Chilly Billy the Real Cool Kid??




Here's a tune worthy of The Dr. Demento Show. The reason for this 1957 Golden Record's existence is the popular theme from The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp. But they had to do something with the flip side - and what they did was this amazing thing called "The Saga of Billy the Kid". So sit back, crank up the Almanack's mp3 player, and let (Sing Along with) Mitch Miller and the Sandpipers entertain you. It's interesting that Mitch and the gang did "Wyatt Earp" acappella, as it was done by the Ken Darby Singers for the TV show.

"Wyatt Earp" by Mitch Miller & the Sandpipers

"The Saga of Billy the Kid" by Mitch Miller & the Sandpipers

6 comments:

Richard Prosch said...

Maybe 'tis the Season, but Mitch Miller was channeling a grinchy Boris Karloff to my way o' hearin' it. Great stuff, Dave!

Anonymous said...

Sup i am new here, I stumbled upon this forum I have found It amply useful & its helped me loads. I should be able to contribute and aid other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Later.

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up im new on here, I came upon this forum I have found It extremely helpful & it's helped me out alot. I hope to give something back and guide others like its helped me.

Thank's, See You Around.

Anonymous said...

Good Day i'm fresh here, I came accross this board I have found It truly accommodating and its helped me tons. I should be able to give something back & assist other people like it has helped me.

Cheers, Catch You Around.

Anonymous said...

Hiya i am new here. I came upon this board I find It vastly accommodating and it's helped me out tons. I should be able to give something back & help other people like it has helped me.

Thank's, See Ya Around.

Anonymous said...

Heya i'm new on here, I stumbled upon this chat board I have found It exceedingly accommodating & its helped me tons. I hope to contribute and guide other users like it has helped me.

Thanks, See Ya Later