Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mr. Crockett meets Mr. Hitchcock

Linda Landrigan of Alfred Hitchock's Mystery Magazine did me the honor of accepting a story recently, and it's now on sale for all the world to see.

"Mr. Crockett and the Bear," in the May 2012 issue, is narrated by a modern day descendant of The King of the Wild Frontier (an attorney currently holding his ancestor's old seat in the Tennessee State Legislature), but the real star of the story is Old Davy himself, who serves as a sort of sidekick, mentor and all around pain in the ass. And if that's not enough, it features a cool woodcut-style illustration by artist Tim Foley.

The mag should be going on sale at fine retailers like Barnes and Noble just about now, and is also available in a variety of electronic formats from Fictionwise. Because this is a new release, Fictionwise is offering 15% the normal price, for only $3.39. That offer is good only until Monday morning at 10am Eastern, so if you're interested you should beat feet over there right away. That's HERE.

Davy and I will also be eternally grateful to Mr. Robert Lopresti, who said kind things about the tale on his blog, Little Big Crimes. That's HERE. (And the eagle-eyed among you may have already noted that this issue's star attraction is another of Mr. L's great Leopold Longshanks stories, so even if you don't give a hoot about Mr. Crockett, you'll want it for Mr. Longshanks.)

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on the story. I think AHMM might have dropped me from the sub list (complimentary reviewer's copy), so I'll have to be sure to find a copy.

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks Bill. Dropped from the sub list? Scandalous. I'll have Davy drop a word to his new pal Al about that.

Laurie Powers said...

Congrats Dave! I'll put a post on Wild West about it. There's a Barnes & Noble here in town so I'll look for it.

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks Laurie. A tip of the coonskin cap to you.

Cap'n Bob said...

AHMM, EQMM, and the entire Dell line dropped me from their freebie list a good five years ago. It was nice while it lasted, though. I'm not sure where our closest B&N is, but I'll seek it out.

Charles Gramlich said...

Cool, man. congrats! That's a nice pub.

pattinase (abbott) said...

Terrific, Dave. Great news!

Deka Black said...

Congrats!

Lisa Sifferman said...

Congrats Big Brother! Great timing on the story since today is Dad's birthday, we are all very proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Evan! I'll pick this one up.

Oscar Case said...

I'll add my Congrats to the long list of admirers and will check the story out at B&N here.

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks gang. Another Mr. Crockett and Davy story is in the works, and all three of us have our fingers crossed that Linda likes that one too.

Nana A.Herron said...

Great story! I enjoyed reading it.