Monday, November 10, 2014

Cap Gun Monday: Ahoy, Mateys! It's the HUBLEY PIRATE


I've seen couple of online dealers claiming this 9 1/2 inches of cap gun coolness dates back to 1940. I don't buy it. Looks like late '50s to me. 




This is what I'd call a double single-action weapon. Each hammer must be cocked separately, but a pull of the single trigger fires both barrels. 


Caps were loaded by sliding them into these slots beneath the hammers. I've never seen square caps, so I'm guessing young pirates were expected to tear off short lengths of roll caps. 






A bunch more cap guns HERE.

3 comments:

Oscar Case said...

I never realized there were so many different cap guns made.

Evan Lewis said...

I have way less than 10% of the guns made in the U.S., and I've posted way less than 10% of what I have. Yeah, there were quite a few.

Cap'n Bob said...

It would seem the thing would open somehow, but I'm sure you've gone over it with a keen eye. It sure is a handsome piece.