Saturday, November 8, 2014

Toy Soldier Saturday: IDEAL GIs (Part 1)


These 60mm heroes (about 3" tall) appear to be the work of the same fine sculptor who gave us the Ideal Pirates (HERE) and the Ideal Navy (HERE). Wouldn't be surprised if he also did the Ideal Knights (HERE). As you see, they came in several colors. I'm thinking the light brown guys are the oldest. The plastic has a different texture, both harder and more pliable. We'll meet the rest of this squinty-eyed squad in a future post.







Toy Soldiers keep marching on HERE.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm suddenly imagining a nasty little horror tale in which the pictured toys are featured. Yes, it's been done before, but perhaps there is a new twist waiting to be exploited. In the meantime, I will simply imagine the story. And, for what it is worth, you made me feel suddenly young again. And that, sir, is quite a trick for this old goat!

Oscar Case said...

Looks like WWII era figures with the .45 and M1s. Nice.

Cap'n Bob said...

I didn't think I had any of these until I checked my Geppert Guide and realized I have them all. They came in green and pea green and were made in plastic and vinyl. I assume the vinyl were the earlier ones, but that's guesswork on my part. You gotta love the face on the guy with the .45.