Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Legend 19: Cash Laramie and the Masked Devil by Edward A. Grainger

.
Yes, "Cash Laramie and the Masked Devil" by David Cranmer (writing as Edward A. Grainger) is one of the 21 new stories of the Old West awaiting you in A Fistful of Legends. And it's a corker!

Deputy U.S. Marshal Cash Laramie has a problem. His job is to recover $85,000 of federal money stolen from one of his fellow marshals. Trouble is, that marshal had his head chopped off by a masked rider with horns and a flashing cutlass. Lucky for Cash, he's equipped with a keen intellect, a sure-fire aim, and a surprising ace in the hole.

David Cranmer's prose sparkles with wry humor in this action-packed mystery. Cash Laramie is an engaging Old West detective, and I've a feeling readers will be begging for his return.

9 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and I'm looking forward to reading the others including "The Pride of the Crocketts."

Gary Dobbs/Jack Martin said...

I can't wait to read this - my copy should be here soon. I'll have to ask David where he got that pen name.

Laurie Powers said...

Dave, I was trying to be good and read these stories in the order they appear in the book. Now you're just messing with my head.

Evan Lewis said...

I was planning on reviewing the stories in order, then realized our Special Offer period is almost up, and wanted to call it to the attention of David's many BEAT TO A PULP fans.

Nik Morton said...

Enticing review, Dave, thanks. You'll be pleased to hear that David is working on a full-length excursion for Cash.
Nik

Cap'n Bob said...

My copy arrived Saturday but I feel so lousy with this damned cold I'm not going to read anything yet.

Ray said...

Cash Laramie - the novel. Now that sounds good.

Evan said...

January 31 cannot come soon enough!

Evan Lewis said...

No need to wait, Evan. Order now!