Monday, August 10, 2015

Cap Gun Monday: Hubley TEXAN JR. (first edition)


This earliest version of the Texan Jr. began production around 1940, the first of a line that lasted into the '60s. This one is eight inches long, on the small side for a cowboy pistol, but weighs a lot more than most because it's made of cast iron. I posted a 1950s pot metal version of the gun HERE. At some point inbetween the Colt firearms folks got in a snit and made Hubley stop using the rearing stallion. Hubley replaced it with a star. 









4 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I think I had one of these except the steer's head was black.

Oscar Case said...

Nobody gave me one for Christmas, so never had it. Nice pistola.

Anonymous said...

Can anyone point me in the right direction. I have a(maybe 2) Hubley cap gun(s) but only in pieces. Found them while metal detecting. I've been doing some research and can't find anything that I think or seems right. Please email me at brmd@yahoo.com. Thanks in advance for any help

Anonymous said...

Correction on the "right direction" post. The email is brmd828@yahoo.com