Monday, May 19, 2014

Cap Gun Monday: Halco MAVERICK (#1)


I'm calling this one Maverick #1 because I have a larger, entirely different Halco "Maverick" with a bronze finish. This gun's on the smallish side - 8 1/2 inches with a 3 3/4 inch barrel. I assume both were marketed as TV tie-ins, probably with Maverick holsters. Were I rich, I'd be photographing those for you, too. 

Halco was a toy distributor that sometimes put their own brand on guns made by other companies. Looks like this one was made by the Leslie-Henry Company. 







More less-than-deadly weapons HERE.

5 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

How are you measuring the barrel?

Evan Lewis said...

With a ruler.

Evan Lewis said...

I measured from the point the barrel emerges from the casing to the tip. I used my tried-and-true antique Northern Pacific Railway ruler, so I know it's accurate.

Cap'n Bob said...

You're right, this is small. I guess it was made for young cowpokes.

Cap'n Bob said...

BTW, neat ruler.