Monday, June 16, 2014

Cap Gun Monday: Wyandotte HOPALONG CASSIDY


Wyandotte Toys of Wyandotte, Michegan (see Y and dot?) did not make a wide variety of cap guns, but they did make a lot of Hoppy guns in the early '50s. This one was also manufactured with a gold finish and black grips.

This particular piece is a "dummy" model, designed with no striking surface for the hammer. These were apparently made for certain cities and states where cap-firing guns were considered fireworks, and therefore illegal. Which cities and states those were, I don't know, but I'm glad I didn't live in any of them. Now I think it's a great idea, because this gun is absolutely free of cap corrosion.










4 comments:

Oscar Case said...

A lot of decoration on this one.

Cap'n Bob said...

I never lived in a cap free state, and I moved a lot when I was a kid. What a lame regulation.

Unknown said...

How much is it worth ? I have one missing 1 grip

Blogs by Allen J. Wiener said...

Found these on eBay:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313&_nkw=Wyandotte+HOPALONG+CASSIDY+cap+gun&_sacat=0