Saturday, December 18, 2010

Christmas Songs by The Beatles??


Nah. But this may be the next best thing, by Beatles tribute band The Fab Four. I ran this post for last month's Forgotten Music, but it happened to fall on Thanksgiving Day, and I reckon most folks were too busy to listen. So here's another shot.

When it comes to Christmas music, I'm a Scrooge. Give me anything else, please! But a few years back my friend Drew Bentley, former rockin' deejay idol of the Omaha airwaves, sent me these two albums, released in 2002. I've since hauled them out at least once a year, and they always give me a smile. Each song is based on familiar Beatles tune, and you'll hear a lot of familiar riffs. I'd challenge you to guess which song is which, but YouTube spills the beans.

I see the original CDs are now pretty expensive (at least on Amazon), but you can get a digital download of Hark! for $8.99. This was a later release combining all 20 songs from the two albums above. It's also available in CD form on the band's website, HERE.

Yeah, yeah, yeah!

Joy to the World


Rockin' Around the Christmas Tree


Frosty the Snowman


Jingle Bells


Good King Wenceslas


Santa Claus is Coming to Town


Let It Snow


Blue Christmas


Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer

1 comment:

Charles Gramlich said...

I wonder which band has the most tribute bands. Beatles must be up there.