Saturday, November 7, 2009

SAM SPADE: The Battles of Belvedere Caper




Last week's episode, you may recall, had echoes of The Maltese Falcon. Well, this one does too, with a character clearly inspired by Casper Gutman. "The Battles of Belvedere Caper" was originally broadcast May 1, 1949. Enjoy.

The Battles of Belvedere Caper Part 1

Part 2

Part 3


These episodes are still playing:
The Betrayal in Bumpuss Hell Caper
The Vaphio Cup Caper

And when you're done listening, please pay a visit to The Rap Sheet, the blog that helps you get ahead socially and on the job (and also cures dandruff). Sam swears it's the next best thing to Wildroot Cream-Oil.

(click to enlarge)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these ads you've been running. Amazing as it is, I bought (oK, my parents bought) this stuff and I used it as a kid. In winter. In summer, with the "butch" haircut, I used Butch Wax. I can almost smell this greasy stuff.

- Richard Robinson

Evan Lewis said...

I used Butch Wax on my crewcut, but never personally experienced the joys of Wildroot.