Saturday, December 5, 2009

Sam Spade: The Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail Caper




Sam's back, this time teamed up with a detective named Crockett - Fritz Crockett, whom Davy assures me is no relation. Crockett promises Sam a hundred bucks to wear a rabbit suit. Trouble ensues. From Dec. 4, 1949. Enjoy.

The Flopsy, Mopsy and Cottontail Caper Part 1

Part 2

Part 3


Visit our Sam Spade Archives:
The Stopped Watch Caper
The Apple of Eve Caper
The Prodigal Daughter Caper
The Battles of Belvedere Caper
The Vaphio Cup Caper
The Betrayal in Bumpass Hell Caper
The Bow Window Caper
The Adam Figg Caper
The Calcutta Trunk Caper 

(click to enlarge)

6 comments:

David Cranmer said...

I've been listening to a lot of old radio shows recently and being so inspired by their creativity.

And I've been enjoying these posts here. Very cool.

Oscar Case said...

The Wild Root Cream Oil on my curly hair was fantastic, and the Sam Spade radio shows were great, too.

Cap'n Bob said...

Love the final lines: "Call the police, Effie. They'll get a confession out of him." Must the those cops in Italy that still use rubber hoses on UW co-eds.

Cormac Brown said...

What an interesting ad, though I'm not entirely sure it would sell me on Wildroot. More importantly, why in the name of Kaspar Gutman would a lion tamer turn his back on a lion?

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks for tuning in, guys.

Oscar, you join the lucky devils (already including Rick Robinson and Cap'n Bob) who have personally enjoyed the benefits of Wildroot.

I've yet to find my own bottle (or handy new tube) on eBay.

Cap'n Bob said...

I did use Wild Root at times, but mostly I used Brylcreem or Top Brass. "That greasy kid's stuff." My cousins preferred Vitalis. "That hobo's cocktail."