Saturday, August 21, 2010

Meet the Robinsons


Yes, we had that honor. California sophisticates Barbara and Richard Robinson (he of The Broken Bullhorn) graced the Beaver State with their presence this week, and Irene and I joined them for a traditional Oregon dinner at P.F. Chang's.

Believe it or not, Mr. R is every bit as nice a guy in person as he is on his blog. How is this possible? We suspect Mrs. R is a good influence on him. And to further strain your credulity, how about this? Rick and I spent close on to 15 minutes in a Borders store, without the calming influence of our wives, and neither of us bought a single book.

Sadly, the Robinsons will soon be back in LaLa land. We look forward to their return.

11 comments:

David Cranmer said...

It's very cool when you meet folks you have blogged with.

Unknown said...

Okay, I'll believe the part about P. F. Chang's, but I'm not so sure about the Borders story.

Charles Gramlich said...

Always fun to meet friends from the blogosphere.

Evan Lewis said...

When any of you folks are heading in the direction of Portland, please give me a shout!

Richard R. said...

It was our pleasure to meet and dine with you! Yes, Bill, the Border's story is TRUE. However, there is still time, with another trip to Borders today and also a trip to POWELLS Sunday.

Deka Black said...

seems you had a very good day!

Cap'n Bob said...

Borders I can see, but not Powell's. I've met Rick many times but never Barbara. Nice to see her pic.

George said...

Time to stimulate the economy, Rick! And POWELLS is the perfect place to do it.

Chris said...

The last Borders I was in was in Portland, right downtown across from some Nordstrom's thing or something. I was in the former, waiting for my wife to emerge from the latter.

And I bought a book.

Richard R. said...

And we look forward to our return as well, Evan. We had a great trip, busy, fun, and it was really hard to leave. Especially to come back here to high 90s weather. Whew.

I sure wish they would hurry up with the Star Trek "transporter" thing so it would be easier to get around, especially without airports, airlines or sitting in metal tubes in the sky with screaming children.

Laurie Powers said...

I agree with you - Rick and Barbara are terrific people. Glad you had a great visit.