Sunday, August 1, 2010

WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE: Scott Anthony Valley

Scott Anthony Valley's high school graduation pic. Looks clean, doesn't he?

Have you seen this guy? I've been on the hunt for my old friend Scott Valley for the past three years. I even slipped a few bucks to one of those people-finder services, and they sent me 13 known addresses for him, none of which panned out. So I figured I'd slap his name and his pan up here. Even if no one knows him, maybe he'll google himself some day and discover this post.

Here are the known facts: Scott Anthony Valley (otherwise known as just Scott Valley or SV, or sometimes "Pal") graduated from Gonzaga Prep High School in Spokane in 1969. He attended Washington State University in Pullman, where he joined one of the hardest-partying frat houses, Sigma Phi Epsilon. That's it. After he graduated in 1973 I lost track of him.

 Scott Anthony Valley in college, sleeping off a six-pack or two.

The addresses I got from the people finder were either in Spokane or various suburbs surrounding Seattle, so all seemed quite plausible. Except he wasn't there. And I can't find a current phone number for him anywhere in Washington State - or any other state. He doesn't even have a Facebook page.

So what happened to him? Did he become a millionaire and move to Costa Rica? Is he cooling his heels in prison? Did he join the witness protection program? Was he run over by a bus? Being nosy, I want to know.

So here's the deal. I'm offering a reward of $1.98 for information leading to his whereabouts, alive or dead. (And yep, you're eligible to collect that buck ninety-eight yourself, Scott, should you choose to turn yourself in.) Please keep an eye peeled for him. Maybe he's sleeping on a park bench near you. Let's see what the power of the Internet can do.

11 comments:

Cap'n Bob said...

I'll make that an even $2.00 if you can also dig up Ronnie Connelly or Steve "JB" Kuntz. Ronnie was last seen in Denbigh, Virginia, in 1960. Steve moved to Massachusetts in 1959 or so.

Deka Black said...

Well, as a rule, i not do this kind of stuff, but i just put a message on my twitter account about this. Hope i can help in some way with this.

Deka Black said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Deka Black said...

My account, if this helps http://twitter.com/TokuDeka

Charles Gramlich said...

Did you post this on Facebook? Lots of folks wander through there.

Evan Lewis said...

Good idea, Charles. If it pans out you may be $1.98 richer.

Evan Lewis said...

Thanks Deka. I've never paid any attention to Twitter. Just looked at yours, though, and saw some talk about Barsoom and Moorcock's Corum saga. I've spent a lot of time with both.

Deka Black said...

You're welcome Evan. Mostly i use twitter for two things: Say crazy things, ramdom thouggts and maintain contact with some friends and my girlfriend while she's away.

(Ok, more than two things)

Oscar Case said...

He'll be a tough one to find. That haircut makes him look like Ishkabibble.

Oscar Case said...

Or is it Ishka Bibble, Bibal, or ???

Evan Lewis said...

I think it's Ish Kabibble. Another thing that makes him a tough find is that there's a town (and apparently a valley) in California called Scott Valley - and that dominates any Google search.