Monday, May 17, 2010

"Zorro" by Mitch Miller and the Sandpipers


I've been in a Zorro mood of late, so I thought I'd give you a listen to my favorite version of the Disney theme song. Mitch Miller (some years before his singalong show) is leading the orchestra, while the singing is provided by the Sandpipers. Are these the same Sandpipers who later did "Guantanamera"? I don't know.

Golden Records released this on both 45 (as shown) and 78 (remember those little yellow records?) with Part I on one side and Part II on the other. Here you get both parts, and you don't even have to flip over your computer.

"Zorro" by Mitch Miller and the Sandpipers
Zorro - Mitch Miller.mp3"> Zorro - Rusty Draper.mp3">

10 comments:

Deka Black said...

Eh! This series has been broadcasted in Spain! I remember it well. The sergeant was... well. A nice man with a terrible boss.

Richard Robinson said...

Boy, does that guy have a deep voice! I haven't heard that one in a long time.

Evan Lewis said...

I'm trying to decide if that might be Mitch singing bass. I remember him singing on Sing Along with Mitch, but not what his voice sounded like.

George said...

I loved ZORRO as a kid. I'm not so fond of the last few movie versions.

Cap'n Bob said...

Mitch claimed to be a baritone IIRC. I haven't listened to this yet, but to me the Chordettes will always be the real Zorro singers.

Richard Prosch said...

"Sing Along With Mitch" LPs show up a lot in the antique shops and I've thought about sampling a few. Love that Zorro song!

Evan Lewis said...

I don't remember hearing the Chordettes version until a few years ago, so it still sounds strange compared to the Disney singers I was used to on the show credits. I love the majestic pace and creative background work on this Mitch Miller record.

I do have Mitch performing several other TV Western themes on these Golden Records, but I doubt he ever did them on his show.

Cap'n Bob said...

The Disney singers were excellent, too. How could they miss with Tony the Tiger adding his voice?

Anonymous said...

demi lovato nude pictures http://trusted.md/user/demi_lovato_nude pictures of demi lovato naked

Anonymous said...

taylor swift nude video taylor swift nude pic