Monday, September 20, 2010

Operator 5: The Corinth Editions

Following up on my Forgotten Books post on the Freeway Press Operator 5 reprints from 1974, here are two of the eight volumes issued by Corinth way back in 1966. Like the Freeway books, these are the work of Frederick C. Davis, when Jimmy Christopher (Secret Service Operator #5) was truly a spy rather than the freedom fighter he became during Emile C. Tepperman's Purple Invasion. The odd cover designs on these seem to reflect a blend of 007 and Flower Power motifs.





These pulp covers appear on the amazing Galactic Central site.

5 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I've never seen these though I bet I would lvoe them. I've got to get a couple Operator 5 books and see how they read.

Cap'n Bob said...

Thye top one looks like McGinnis.

Evan Lewis said...

There MAY be a signature on the cover, but I can't read it.

George said...

Corinth editions were hard to come by in Western New York, Evan. I have some in Canada.

Laurie Powers said...

Those from the 60s definitely look like it. I'm wondering what kind of audience they had. Couldn't tell from the cover they they had originated in the 30s.