Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Overlooked TV: YANCY DERRINGER


Richard Sale (whose Daffy Dill/Candid Jones story "Flash!" appears in the June AHMM - details HERE, and about whom I have blabbed at length - HERE) created and produced this Desilu series with his wife May Loos. He also wrote some (if not many) of the 34 episodes that ran in 1958 and '59. Most of those episode are now on YouTube (that's cool), but they've been stripped of opening and closing credits (that's trash). Still, we can be pretty ding dang sure that Sale wrote this one. 

9 comments:

James Reasoner said...

"Yancy...Yancy Derringer!" I can hear the theme song in my head even now. One of my favorite shows when I was a kid.

Evan Lewis said...

If you want to hear it in your ears, James, there are versions on TV WESTERNS Vol. 2 & 8.

Mark Justice said...

Back in the 80s, I got to hang out with Jock Mahoney for a couple of hours at a Roy Rogers festival in Portsmouth, OH. He was quite a character (and he spent a lot of time making fun of the size of fellow guest Lash LaRue's "whip".)

pattinase (abbott) said...

Loved this show!

Unknown said...

I wasn't watching much TV in those days, but I did watch this one. Great stuff.

Rick said...

Bought the DVD's a while back and thoroughly enjoyed the viewing.

Ron Weston said...

I don't think I ever missed an episode.

Cap'n Bob said...

I was also a faithful viewer.

Jerry House said...

My wife's favorite show when she was young -- er, I mean, younger. She named her German shepherd Yancy.