Friday, June 15, 2018

DC TRIP: The Museum that 007 Built


Well, maybe not exactly, but it's hard to imagine The International Spy Museum existing without Bond's iconic status. Most of the main floor is devoted to the Bond Villians exhibit. Overall, it's pretty interesting, though most of the artifacts are from the later films. This is understandable, because the good stuff from the Sean Connery years has long disappeared into private hands.




The best thing in the joint is this Aston Martin. It goes through a cool routine, complete with sound effects, demonstrating the built-in machine guns, the bullet-proof shield, the rotating license plate and the Ben Hur-inspired wheel grinders. I want one.





































The book that inspired 007's name, which Fleming called, "the dullest name I ever heard."








Want to see more? Here's a video taking you inside the exhibit:

3 comments:

Rick Robinson said...

I'd love to have an Aston Martin DB5 though without all the gizmos.

Cap'n Bob said...

I think I have a James Bond jigsaw puzzle. Thanks for the tour.

Evan Lewis said...

I want the Aston Martin WITH the gizmos.